version: multiple conditions

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 17 01:03:38 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 17 June 2015 at 06:23:15 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> Sounds like it's preventing a perfectly good use case. Or do
> you prefer AST macros instead :)

Given the direction D2 has taken since D1, I'd say that I'm
starting to agree with you that powerful symbolic programming
would be the better deal overall.

But it would take a major restructuring:

1. a simpler more orthogonal core language to cut down on the
special casing when doing AST manipulations

2. a clean separation between library and application code (that
way you can limit AST hacks to libraries tie library versions to
language versions.

So it won't happen… since you would then have essentially need a
new language?