PHP verses C#.NET verses D.

Marco Leise via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 17 08:51:42 PDT 2015

Am Mon, 15 Jun 2015 23:53:04 +0000
schrieb "Nick B" <nick.barbalich at gmail.com>:

> Hi.
>
> There is a startup in New Zealand that I have some dealings with
> at present. They have build most of their original code in PHP,
> (as this was quick and easy) but they also use some C#.net for
> interfacing to accounting appls on clients machines. The core PHP
> application runs in the cloud at present and talks to accountings
> applications in the cloud. They use the PHP symfony framework.
>
> High speed in not important, but accuracy, error handling, and
> scalability is, as they are processing accounting transactions.
> They have a new CEO on board, and he would like to review the
> companies technical direction.
>
> Their client base is small but growing quickly.  I know that PHP
> is not a great language, and my knowledge of D is reasonable,
> while I have poor knowledge of C#.net.
>
> Looking to the future, as volumes grow, they could:
> 1.  Stay with PHP & C#.net, and bring on servers as volumes grow.
> 2.  Migrate to C#.net in time
> 3.  Migrate to D in time.
>
> Any comments or suggestions on the above?

I'd probably migrate the PHP to ASP/C#.net and call it a day.
You get WYSIWYG web page editing with error checking for forms
and lists with database table backing store.
Without your explicit library needs it is difficult to explain
to you if and how D could work in this case. As for bugs, it
seems that commercial users get some priority bonus.

--
Marco