std.container: fork in the road

Wyatt via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 17 07:57:38 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 17 June 2015 at 06:08:57 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> Took a fresh look at std.container from a Design by
> Introspection perspective

I've seen you use this term a few times now; what does it mean?
(Lack of) Google results seem to indicate it's your own neologism.

> * The documentation is appallingly bad, making std.container
> worse than non-existent.

I tried using it a couple times.  Failed miserably every time.

> Regarding compatibility, I see three possibilities:

#breakmycode!

...is my first impulse. But really it doesn't matter much-- I'm
not using std.container anywhere and I suspect it's much the same
for most everyone else.  I guess option 3 is fine, but
std.collection isn't nearly so good a name.

-Wyatt