PHP verses C#.NET verses D.

Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 17 08:51:17 PDT 2015

On 06/17/2015 12:25 AM, Nick B wrote:
> On Tuesday, 16 June 2015 at 08:47:40 UTC, John Colvin wrote:
>> On Monday, 15 June 2015 at 23:53:06 UTC, Nick B wrote:
>>> Hi.
>>>

>>> Any comments or suggestions on the above?
>>
>> Both C# and D sound like good fits there. It depends on whether it's
>> the sort of team who like to innovate and explore new possibilities or
>> whether they want a completely fleshed out, stable ecosystem.
>

> Is anyone else able to comment on the comparisions/differences between
> C#.Net & D ??

I'm obviously biased, being on the D forums and all (although I used to
be a fan of both languages, a long time ago), but IMHO:

> Any comments on cost ?

I find D lets you get things done quicker/easier (worker cost) and
potentially run a little faster (hardware cost). Though I image other
arguments might be possible in favor of C#, too.

> Any comments on getting bugs fixed ?

Not too bad in D. With D, bugs do get fixed, AND if you really need a
fix right away you can always just DIY.

With C#, you're pretty much stuck with whatever MS feels like working
on. There's very little feedback and community outreach. It's *their*
product, and their business strategy dictates where development
resources go. For example, people have been needing some sort of
IArithmetic (counterpart to IComparable) ever since generics were first
introduced back in v2 (so that you could, y'know, actually do arithmetic
generically), but even to this day MS never really did bother to put it
in or really even acknowledge the matter at all.