Martin Nowak is officially MIA

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 17 11:35:47 PDT 2015

On 6/17/15 5:38 AM, IgorStepanov wrote:
> He returned back to github and posted some messages. End alarm:)

Glad to hear that. However, the need for two other release managers is
still there.

The role of Release Manager and "This Week In D" are the two ones
somewhat special in the community: they're closest to an actual "job",
in the sense that regularity and professionalism are crucial. You need
to "show up" and do it. If "This Week in D" is not there on Sunday
evening, it's not a weekly. If we have no release manager and no
contingency plan, we can't release. In the future we'll have folks
depending on this and planning ahead for it.

You wouldn't just not go to work for two weeks and then show up at your
desk as if nothing happened. This kind of stuff needs some level of
planning, barring exceptional events. For example, Adam could tell his
readership "I'll be on vacation next week, so no issue on August 9".
Which is totally fine.

I'm very happy Martin is doing well but I am disappointed about this
unprofessional behavior. In fact I could only assume the worst because
he seemed one of the most serious people I've dealt with, so this came
as quite a major breakage of trust.

With this we revoke Martin's role as release czar. His github access
will remain the same for the time being.

Until a replacement is found I will fumble with the release process
myself, and I could use all the help I can get. In fact it would be a
nice gesture of Martin to help with the transition. I'll be also
counting on help from the more process-oriented members of the
community. One note - 2.068 will be delayed because I have a house move
to deal with for the time being, not to mention being busy with
std.allocator and std.collection.

Thanks,

Andrei