Workaround for typeid access violation

Laeeth Isharc via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 17 13:19:43 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 17 June 2015 at 19:52:41 UTC, Etienne wrote:
https://github.com/etcimon/druntime/commit/7da3939637bd1642400dbed83e3b0ff2844386ac

>>> Only error was with a signal handler trying to allocate on
>>> the GC. I think it'll be worth it for me to use this from now
>>> on. There's no locking and possibly no stop the world.
>>
>> why 'possibly' ?
>
> I hadn't tested it when I wrote that message. I committed the
> changes today and my tests were successful in a thread-local
> GC, however I'm still scanning the other thread contexts. The
> only limitation is that you can't move objects between threads,
> a pointer must remain in the thread that created it if the
> object is used in another thread.
>
> > https://github.com/etcimon/druntime/commit/78a2bca1356e0514c516e5261649ca0bf686b4cb

I am no compiler/runtime guru, but it sounds like if it were
possible to make this a swappable option for D this might be very
important.  Is this true, and how much work is involved in making
this industrial strength?