Martin Nowak is officially MIA

deadalnix via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 17 16:47:23 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 17 June 2015 at 18:35:48 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> The role of Release Manager and "This Week In D" are the two
> ones somewhat special in the community: they're closest to an
> actual "job", in the sense that regularity and professionalism
> are crucial. You need to "show up" and do it. If "This Week in
> D" is not there on Sunday evening, it's not a weekly. If we
> have no release manager and no contingency plan, we can't
> release. In the future we'll have folks depending on this and
> planning ahead for it.

There is a very important difference with an actual job: an
actual job with a salary. You just can't expect the same level of
commitment from a volunteer than an employee.

I understand the feeling, but that seems unnecessarily harsh to
demote Martin, since he is the one that have done the most for
release, and it yielded actual results.