Martin Nowak is officially MIA

Brad Anderson via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 17 18:09:55 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 17 June 2015 at 23:47:26 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
> There is a very important difference with an actual job: an
> actual job with a salary. You just can't expect the same level
> of commitment from a volunteer than an employee.
>
> I understand the feeling, but that seems unnecessarily harsh to
> demote Martin, since he is the one that have done the most for
> release, and it yielded actual results.

Yeah, this seems very dramatic. The release process is in much
better shape than it's ever been thanks in large part to his
efforts and nobody knows it better than him. It's not like anyone
else is eager to jump in and fill the role that Martin
volunteered for.

I'm not saying the unannounced MIA isn't a problem, it is. It's
just that demoting the one person who is best equipped to do it
seems a bit over the top for an all volunteer community project.
"Can someone fill in until we figure out what is going on?" is
perhaps a more appropriate response than a public rebuke.