Martin Nowak is officially MIA

Lost Indian via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 17 20:44:30 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 18 June 2015 at 01:34:32 UTC, Etienne wrote:
> To be fair it does sound like he was asking for it. I wouldn't
> provoke an armed man who's holding my 4 yr old captive. I mean,
> the young ones have been butchered in War since before mankind.
> War is Hell. This stuff has happened recently, I haven't
> finished holding my breath over reading about Nanking Massacre
> on Wikipedia the other day.

Before he took up arms, Banda was a saint. He took up arms only
to protect religious freedom of fellow Indians. So in a way he
asked for it. But had he (and many others) not done that, much of
India would have been like Iraq and Syria of today.

A few decades before Banda's sacrifice is the sacrifice of Bhai
Matidas and Bhai Satidas (just for example -- there are
innumerable more). They were not even warriors. But since they
refused conversion, in full public view, one was enveloped in
cotton and put to fire, and the other framed in wooden planks and
sawed vertically thus splitting his body in two.

An estimate says that India lost 90 million lives in the last
1000 years fighting this insane idea of religious superiority
that many followers of this cult carry.

This is my last post on this forum on this topic. I am sorry to
have breached the sanctity of a technical forum in this way.