RFC: Pay-as-you-go, Portable D Runtime for Microcontrollers (and maybe more)

Jens Bauer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 18 00:10:34 PDT 2015

On Sunday, 14 June 2015 at 19:44:48 UTC, Adrian Matoga wrote:
> On Thursday, 11 June 2015 at 00:26:39 UTC, Mike wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 10 June 2015 at 10:06:19 UTC, Adrian Matoga
>> wrote:
>
> If there's anything I can help with, let me know. My experience
> with GDC is close to non-existent (I managed to make some
> one-line hacks to make it compile for AVR or to show the sizes
> of TypeInfos, but that was pretty easy), and I didn't even
> bother to build LDC, but I want to write stuff for STMs in D so
> I'm motivated to learn by doing.

Today I'll start using launchpad's GCC with GDC, because it has
support for the Cortex-M7, plus that it's the official ARM
toolchain, and it seems to be slightly ahead of the official GCC
releases.

> Here it is: https://github.com/epi/dirt

I like small; I like simple - so I like it. :)

Feel free to grab the startup-files here:
https://github.com/jens-gpio/MCU

(see http://d.gpio.dk/ for more info and how to contact me if you
need to).