Martin Nowak is officially MIA

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 18 07:30:59 PDT 2015

On Thu, 18 Jun 2015 14:14:28 +0000, Etienne wrote:

> Not every package manager has to provide binaries. We simply build the
> packages through dub. dub+dmd is a good source package manager in
> itself, we need to write a dub.json for dmd/druntime/phobos and make it
> possible to compile them through dub, then all is good

i never talked about binaries. what i'm talking about is that dub is not
a package manager at all.

how can i get a list of available packages? how can i search by package
name or in package descriptions? using web site is not an option, that
functionality should be built-in. how can i get compilation flags and
dependencies from dub without parsing json, so i can use dub in my build
system? (luckily, that seems to be fixed in recent versions, at least i've
seen PRs for that)

so i prefer to think about dub and it's "packages" as "dependency
downloader", but package manager.