Martin Nowak is officially MIA

Etienne via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 18 07:45:26 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 18 June 2015 at 14:37:08 UTC, ketmar wrote:
>> dub is a build tool with an automatic dependency solver, it
>> really shouldn't be called a package manager.
>
> and it's not a build tool too. or, it's a build tool in the
> sense of "bash is a build tool" -- it can call external
> commands. Reggae is a build toold. dub is not a build tool.

It doesn't matter. Even if everything is locked into
code.dlang.org or if you're using a custom shell in the dub.json
to clone a git and use that path in the options, or if you're
programming shell scripts for every OS. Any interface works as
long as it does what it's supposed to do for the said package.

My point is, we need to be able to extend it to build and link an
application with a custom druntime/phobos/dmd version from
source. These libraries are the backbone of every application.