Martin Nowak is officially MIA

anonymous via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 18 07:55:01 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 18 June 2015 at 14:43:15 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> To wit, I wrote this to Martin and Walter on May 31st:
>
> ====
> Today is May 31st, so we're entering the last month of H1. I'd
> like to get an early start on updating the vision document, and
> before creating yet another rambling thread on the forum I
> thought we should start between the three of us.
>
> What do you guys think would be the main points to attack in
> H2? Martin, it's particularly important to hear from you.
> ====
>
> I hope it's clearer that it was quite unsettling to not hear
> back about that or anything else.
>
> Regarding the volunteer vs. paid employee aspect - clearly
> that's a problem. All I can do now is work on the foundation
> and hope to find sponsors that would allow us to pay the
> release manager, the keeper of "This Week in D" and others.
>
> About the privacy aspect - the forum post came after repeated
> fruitless attempts of private contact. Addressing matters in
> person, privately, is of course the right way and the one I've
> tried through all channels I could think of.

So you can't get a hold of him by email for a few weeks, thus you
feel justified in publicly outing him on a forum? This could have
still been done far more discretely with a conscious attempt to
avoid addressing him directly in any negative overtones. Your
inability to recognize this mistake illustrates a fundamental
disconnect I think you are having.

> Building the process is a difficult and very important job. It
> stands to reason, then, that we need several folks who can do
> it and cover contingencies. Martin and I are in talks about
> building this release together; it would be great if we could
> get a broader participation.

You are very lucky that Martin has decided to *continue* to help
you out. Again, a good sign that your characterization of the guy
was malformed.