Why aren't you using D at work?

Chris Piker via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 18 09:04:02 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 18 June 2015 at 10:17:49 UTC, lobo wrote:
> On Thursday, 18 June 2015 at 01:13:10 UTC, Chris Piker wrote:
>> On Thursday, 28 May 2015 at 14:38:51 UTC, Manu wrote:
>>> [...]
>> About the only thing really holding me back is that the local
>> sys-admins can't:
>>
>>   $ yum install gcd
>>

> Can you install to $HOME ?

I can do that, but there are other developers in our group.  We
need to be able to build each other's software.  Java, Python and
C are accepted as standard languages around here and seem to
cover all our needs.  Since we have a "complete set" adding a new
one would be met with resistance.  Having command line tools
available through standard software distribution channels would
soften this resistance.