Martin Nowak is officially MIA

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 18 09:41:54 PDT 2015

On 6/18/15 9:19 AM, Timon Gehr wrote:

>> About the privacy aspect - the forum post came after repeated fruitless
>> attempts of private contact. Addressing matters in person, privately, is
>> of course the right way and the one I've tried through all channels I
>> could think of.
>
> I think the first post was more adequate than the second one. Basically,
> a more eloquent version of the following would have sufficed:
>
>> Glad to hear that. However, the need for two other release managers is
>> still there.
>>
>> The role of Release Manager and "This Week In D" are the two somewhat
>> special
>> in the community: regularity  is crucial. If we have no release
>> manager and no
>> contingency plan, we can't release.

I definitely am sorry for not handling this better. What I should have
done in retrospect is to resume efforts to reach Martin privately after
evidence came about that he's alive and well, then discuss reasonable
communication expectations with him, and only after that resume the
public search for more release czars. I apologize to Martin and the
community for not taking that course of action.

We definitely need to move forward to having more release czars, which
reduces the demands on each. I'll do my best to learn the ropes and
document the process.

Andrei