D could catch this wave: web assembly

Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 18 15:24:09 PDT 2015

On 06/18/2015 05:21 PM, "Ola Fosheim =?UTF-8?B?R3LDuHN0YWQi?=
<ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com>" wrote:

> Yeah. This fallback thing does not make much sense. They say WebAssembly
> will reduce the file size by 7% after compression compared to asm.js .
> Who cares?
>
> In my experience performance issues usually are in the layout/render
> engine, or something related to it.

The layout/render stuff has to support so much dynamic-DOM cruft on
every...single...element...of the page, it's pretty much inevitable that
the browser itself is where the bottleneck is on a normal page, rather
than network. (Which is really weird if you look at it from the
perspective of someone who remembers dial-up.)