D could catch this wave: web assembly

Kagamin via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 19 07:47:31 PDT 2015

On Friday, 19 June 2015 at 14:23:54 UTC, weaselcat wrote:
> web: write once with html, css, js and lag on everything that
> isn't a supercomputer.

I wrote a web application with ajax, xml, xslt and all sorts of
dhtml, it was working instantly. Well, it had to cruft like
jquery, and problems like this
http://www.quirksmode.org/blog/archives/2015/05/tools_dont_solv.html and http://www.quirksmode.org/blog/archives/2015/05/web_vs_native_l.html never occurred to me. Why one would use things like jquery, again? I didn't feel like I need some tools to get things done.