D could catch this wave: web assembly

Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 19 08:38:50 PDT 2015

On 06/19/2015 03:51 AM, "Ola Fosheim =?UTF-8?B?R3LDuHN0YWQi?=
<ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com>" wrote:
> On Friday, 19 June 2015 at 06:30:30 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>> If by "instant" you mean "this web 'app' leaves my mobile browser
>> completely unresponsive for up to a full minute every time I tap a
>> link, every time I use it".
>
> Well, if it does not target a cellphone then it probably won't be
> pleasant on a small screen anyway.

I find plain-old-desktop-HTML sites to be WAAAY more pleasant on mobile
than a lot of "mobile version" sites (which tend to behave really
weirdly and be slow). Even Wikipedia's "mobile" version is a pain since
it keeps auto-collapsing *while* I'm in the middle of reading a
paragraph and also every...single...time...I hit "back" (and therefore
have to re-scroll to where I was).