Martin Nowak is officially MIA

Martin Nowak via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 19 09:02:06 PDT 2015

> You wouldn't just not go to work for two weeks and then show up at your
> desk as if nothing happened. This kind of stuff needs some level of
> planning, barring exceptional events.

Yeah that didn't work too well, sorry for the trouble.
I was extremely busy before dconf (that's part of why I missed my
flight) and didn't spend much thought on the release. Probably didn't
take it that serious, given how infrequently we handled it before.

I was also under the impression that people were informed.
http://forum.dlang.org/post/5554D763.1080308@dawg.eu

Interestingly this links back to our missing communication infrastructure.
We should have regular (semi-public) meetings involving all core
contributors to plan development, releases, and everything D.
Private (irregular) email discussion don't cut it, b/c they leave most
people uninformed. The newsgroup doesn't work either, b/c it's too busy
with daily news.

We pay a lot for the lack of communication (it's key in a more
hierarchical structure), b/c noone but Walter and you can push something
on the development agenda without a screaming rant on the newsgroup.
This is a main reason why so much work gets stuck/killed in the pull
request stage (who could have discussed it before), and also the main
reason why we rarely collaborate on topics.

-Martin