split up the changelog?

Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 19 12:22:02 PDT 2015

> On 6/19/15 9:38 AM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>> On 06/19/2015 11:59 AM, anonymous wrote:
>>>
>>> Let's split it up by version!
>>>
>>> Preview:
>>> http://d-ag0aep6g.rhcloud.com/changelog/index.html
>>>

>> Yes, please.
>
> I think the current version's changelog should be visible, and the list
> of previous releases goes at the bottom. -- Andrei

BTW, one annoyance of mine is that there is no easy way to find another
version besides the current version. If you search for e.g. "2.065", you
will get 41 matches, and all the ones before the one you want are due to
regressions that identify the version where the regression occurred.

I liked the old changelog layout where you have the first revision, then
a list of links to older revisions, and then everything else. Having the
newest revision and then everything else linked is a good idea to save
on bandwidth.

But, what about making the changelog menu an accordion expander, and
then you have your version list right there on the left?

-Steve