split up the changelog?

anonymous via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 19 14:28:10 PDT 2015

On Friday, 19 June 2015 at 19:22:03 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> But, what about making the changelog menu an accordion
> expander, and then you have your version list right there on
> the left?

Did that here:
http://d-ag0aep6g.rhcloud.com/accordion/changelog/2.067.1.html

I like it.

I kept the previous/next version links at the top for now, but
I'm not sure how useful they are.

For some reason the list stops at 2.023. I don't know if I messed
something up, or if dmd is being silly. Will have to investigate.

Another thing I'd like to get to work are legacy URLs like e.g.
<http://dlang.org/changelog.html#2.067.0> and
<http://dlang.org/changelog.html#new2_064>. In the other version
I set it up to redirect and jump to an entry in the list on
changelog/index.html. But adding all those IDs to the accordion
links doesn't feel right, and I'm not sure if it can work
correctly. I'd rather make another list page whose sole purpose
is legacy URL support. But so far I couldn't figure out a nice
way to share code with the accordion list. Will have to
investigate, too.