Future(s) for D.

rsw0x via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jun 21 16:08:07 PDT 2015

On Sunday, 21 June 2015 at 22:02:39 UTC, Etienne Cimon wrote:
> On Sunday, 21 June 2015 at 19:08:47 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>> On 20/06/15 16:00, Etienne wrote:
>>
>>> Yep, looks like we already have better. I don't understand
>>> how D hasn't
>>> fully picked up in Web Dev at this point. Are they expecting
>>> an
>>> e-commerce/blogging/cms platform to go with it?
>>
>> My biggest reason is the lack of libraries.
>
> There's probably a lack of a Joomla/Wordpress/Magento platform
> in D with plugin support. Libraries would pour into D if there
> was a similar tool.

No, there really are no libraries for D. And it's 1000x worse if
you attempt to use D for anything related to system's programming
aka no GC available.

I got so fed up that I ported my project from D to C. I'll gladly
trade a worse language for not having to write an entire standard
library by myself.