color library

Andrea Fontana via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 22 01:45:37 PDT 2015

On Monday, 22 June 2015 at 08:08:42 UTC, Rikki Cattermole wrote:

> Why would IImage support alpha? Shouldn't that be on the color?
> If so, the PR does support it see RGBA8 and friends.

I said "on color or IImage". Anyway transparency is a property
(mask) of an image ("material") rather than of the color itself.
A color has no transparency, there's no transparency on gamut. It
doesn't make sense for a color: transparency is used only when
you add an image over another in order to sum the *colors* of two
pixels. They used to pack alpha informations with other pixel
infos (color) just for simplicity and to have a convenient way to
store info inside a file, I guess.

> I just had a look at antigrain. It really is beyond this code.
> Well and truly out of scope.

I mean it would be useful to grab some ideas from it.
And that it would really wonderful to have something like this.

However I think it is useful to build the library and interfaces
thinking also to possible future developments.

Andrea