Naming things

Mike via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 22 02:57:24 PDT 2015

On Saturday, 20 June 2015 at 09:27:16 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
wrote:

> Two examples of controversial name pairs: setExt/setExtension,
> and toLower/toLowerCase. These functions have the same
> functionality, but one of them is eager, and the other is lazy.
> Can you guess which is which?

I've taken a look at the offending PR
(https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/3370).
Unfortunately, it was only up for review for about a day before
it was merged, and only one person commented on it before it was
merged.

Given that some PRs are currently rotting for months, I hate to
say that PRs should remain open for a minimum amount of time, but
that's what I'm saying.  We're all very busy, so give PRs a few
days for reviewers to get to them.  IMO, that PR should have
never passed scrutiny, and probably wouldn't have if it was given
a little more time.

Mike