Future(s) for D.

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 22 04:29:49 PDT 2015

On 22/06/15 01:43, Nick Sabalausky wrote:

> Curiosity, what libraries do you feel a lack of?

For work, that would be:

* Database drivers for Postgres and SQLite
* ORM
* Unit test framework. I want something like RSpec
* RabbitMQ and ActiveMQ
* Some way to interface with Selenium and PhantomJS

For non work related things it would also be:

* Sass
* CoffeeScript
* I would prefer HAML over that templates used in vibe.d but I guess
there' close enough

I haven't looked in a while for these things on code.dlang.org. I know
some of them exist but I don't know the quality of them. In the Ruby
world there's a lot of developers behind most of these libraries,
there's no chance that these libraries would suddenly disappear overnight.

These are the libraries I can think of right now, that are generally
needed for most projects. Then there are of course special requirements
for some projects. But in Ruby you can be pretty certain that most
things are already available as a library.

--
/Jacob Carlborg