auto ref is on the docket

Namespace via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 22 09:10:09 PDT 2015

Rather than raising the matter of scope again and again, we
should be thankful that a solution for this nasty problem is
accepted and could be merged. How scope and escape analysis could
do a better job is unclear and if you want to solve the problem
this way you will wait a very long time. So please let us
concentrate and discuss how we could solve this problem with auto
ref. :)

To repeat my statement from the PR:
I would also prefer to avoid the generation of further functions,
because I want to avoid the code bloat. I like the way of the
current implementation, because it is following the way C++ does
and will be understandable for every person which comes from C++.