PHP verses C#.NET verses D.

Etienne via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 22 10:01:14 PDT 2015

On Monday, 22 June 2015 at 06:32:31 UTC, Nick B wrote:
> On Thursday, 18 June 2015 at 03:44:08 UTC, Etienne Cimon wrote:

> Etienne
>
> Would you like to detail what still needs to be completed/on
> the to-do list  ?
>
> What would be the best way to learn it ?
>
> Does it need documentation as well ?
>
> Nick

The docs should be the same as the ones on vibed.org

As for the todo list, It's a little long to detail it. Depends
also on where you want to go.

Urgent:
- Update libhttp2 and botan with recent changes from the original
repos (nghttp2, botan). No stability issues, only new algorithms
mostly.
- Write a Windows/Mac/linux daemon utility with rights elevation
to have support for desktop application development (currently
finishing up windows)
    - The Mac daemon requires launchd, which compiles only with
DMD pull request to be merged:
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/4321
    - Uses the http://diveframework.com/ to elevate
- Test the live debugging features with third party applications
(similar to packet-capturing but server-side).
    - This is completed and available on my fork of vibe.d and a
reverse proxy request looks like this:
http://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://github.com/etcimon/vibe.d/blob/master/views/capture.html => http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=E51RXyt2
    - Also includes json req/response or call stack in builds
compiled with release
- Try running with LDC and debug the libraries until everything
completely compiles with it (2.067+)
- Find a way to add a thread-local GC in druntime or at least
make dub compile the projects with it.

Less urgent:
- Implement administration interface for the new redis 3.0
clustering feature
- Write a DNS server with A-record scheduling for distribution
- Adapt VibeDist to send requests to worker tasks
- Add support for runtime loading of DLL plugins that
auto-register/unregister to the router.
- Test lua bindings to develop runtime themes

I also have private application development on the todo list
which ends up testing the library. Lots of testing is still
needed but I think the server exceeds what I could make any other
server do. It compiles in a single portable executable 2mb packed
after all.