Future(s) for D.

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 22 12:45:56 PDT 2015

On 22/06/15 14:46, Etienne wrote:
> On Monday, 22 June 2015 at 11:29:50 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:

>> * Database drivers for Postgres and SQLite
> https://github.com/etcimon/d2sqlite3
> async with vibe.d :
> https://github.com/pszturmaj/ddb/blob/master/examples/basic.d#L7
>> * ORM
> https://github.com/buggins/hibernated
>> * Unit test framework. I want something like RSpec
> I always got around fine with unittest { } and some imagination
>> * RabbitMQ and ActiveMQ
> C=>D binding and register sockets in libasync?

Seems I need to actually make a try on using these libraries.

>> For non work related things it would also be:
>>
>> * Sass
> https://github.com/Lodin/sassed
>> * CoffeeScript
> https://github.com/MartinNowak/diet-coffee/blob/master/source/diet_coffee.d#L23
>
>> * I would prefer HAML over that templates used in vibe.d but I guess
>> there' close enough
> http://blog.seancarpenter.net/2013/05/24/using-haml-from-the-command-line/
>
> You seem to be active member of the community. Why not attempt to solve
> those? Doesn't seem like it would take that long (all the primitives are
> there).

In general I feel it hard to justify when everything is already
implemented in Ruby. At some point I just want to use a language and the
libraries without needing to reinvent the wheel. Back in 2006 when I
started with D I had some idea for an application I wanted to build. But
there were a lot of missing components (many still are), I still haven't
started building that application.

--
/Jacob Carlborg