D could catch this wave: web assembly

Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 22 13:01:06 PDT 2015

On Sunday, 21 June 2015 at 15:59:57 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> On 06/21/2015 09:45 AM, Joseph Rushton Wakeling  wrote:
>> Threw what in the trash-bin?
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubuntu_for_Android
>
> Though I may very well be missing something.

Yea, Ubuntu for Android was a cool idea that sadly, as I
understand it, got no uptake from manufacturers.  So Canonical
just pushed ahead with their own full-Ubuntu phone and tablet OS
and UI, and played everything much quieter until they'd actually
landed hardware partners.

It's obviously early days, but I think there's much to be quietly
confident about: there's a lot to like in the OS and app design,
and it is now by a long stretch the most free (as in freedom)
phone OS available.