Future(s) for D.

Sönke Ludwig via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 22 23:56:25 PDT 2015

Am 21.06.2015 um 00:42 schrieb Ellery Newcomer:
> On 06/20/2015 07:00 AM, Etienne wrote:

>>> Even if the callbacks are sequentially listed, the "callback hell" is
>>> still there.
>>>
>>> A better solution is to use fibers. You can take a look at a fibers[1]
>>> and tasks[2] implementation in asynchronous library[3].
>>>
>>> [1] -
>>> https://github.com/dcarp/asynchronous/blob/master/src/asynchronous/futures.d
>>>

>>> [2] -
>>> https://github.com/dcarp/asynchronous/blob/master/src/asynchronous/tasks.d
>>>

>>> [3] - http://code.dlang.org/packages/asynchronous
>>
>> Yep, looks like we already have better. I don't understand how D hasn't
>> fully picked up in Web Dev at this point. Are they expecting an
>> e-commerce/blogging/cms platform to go with it?
>
> A while back I was bored and curious to see how vibe would fare in the
> web framework benchmarks (http://www.techempower.com/benchmarks/) so I
> started adding vibe to it
> (https://github.com/ariovistus/FrameworkBenchmarks).

I had also started with this some time ago, but didn't get far enough to
dig through what's necessary to adjust the various setup and benchmark
scripts:

https://github.com/s-ludwig/FrameworkBenchmarks

Would be great to get in there. BTW, I was using mysql-native to
implement the database tests, but didn't ever actually run the benchmarks.