stdx.data.json needs a layer on top

Laeeth Isharc via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 23 05:17:29 PDT 2015

It's great, but it's not quite a replacement for std.json, as I
see it.

The stream parser is fast, and it's valuable to be able to access
it at a low level.

However, it was consciously designed to be low-level, and for
something else to go on top.

As I understand it, there is a gap between what you can currently
do with std.json (and indeed vibed json) and what you can do with
stdx.data.json.  And the capability falls short of what can be
done in other standard libraries such as the ones for python.

So since we are going for a nuclear-power station included
approach, does that not mean that we need to specify what this
layer should do, and somebody should start to work on it?