std.experimental.color, request reviews

Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 23 11:09:44 PDT 2015

On 6/23/15 1:59 PM, Meta wrote:
> On Tuesday, 23 June 2015 at 17:53:43 UTC, John Colvin wrote:
>> Isn't this what selective imports are for? Admittedly it's not quite
>> as convenient, but it does let you choose exactly what you want. You
>> can even make a module that wraps a manually selected set of imports,
>> e.g. you do your own basic_types module.
>>
>> In the end, if you have specific requirements, you have to be specific.
>
> Unfortunately, selective imports have been broken for 9 years.

Even selective imports being fixed, the benefits in terms of separate
compilation and encapsulation are worth it.

I agree with the idea to limit package.d to just public imports. I don't
think it should be enforced by the compiler, but it should be something
Phobos strives for and that we recommend.

-Steve