Future(s) for D.

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 23 11:28:23 PDT 2015

On Sun, 21 Jun 2015 23:08:07 +0000, rsw0x wrote:

> No, there really are no libraries for D. And it's 1000x worse if you
> attempt to use D for anything related to system's programming aka no GC
> available.
>
> I got so fed up that I ported my project from D to C. I'll gladly trade
> a worse language for not having to write an entire standard library by
> myself.

but you don't have to drop D to use C libraries! some of my code is full
of calls to libc and other C libs, neatly wrapped in D structs. i don't
really want to remember when to write "->" anymore, or "oh, i forgot a
typedef here, so it will be `struct my_s`", or use C macros instead of D
templates.

after decades of C experience i dropped it without any doubts, and i
surely don't want to get back. you see, i have alot of libraries written
for C during this years, and i dropped all that, 'cause D is so "better
C", that there are no reasons to use C anymore. and i always can wrap C
library if i need that, most of the work on wrapping can be done with
sed. ;-)

so i really can't see any reason to go back to C instead of using D with
C libraries.