D could catch this wave: web assembly

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 23 12:03:14 PDT 2015

On Sat, 20 Jun 2015 19:40:35 +0000, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:

> On Saturday, 20 June 2015 at 16:20:31 UTC, ketmar wrote:

>>> Hmmm, what do you mean by normal constraints?
>>
>> google://cassowary
>>
>> that is a *real* constraint engine. what we have in css is a half-assed
>> attemt to emulate the real engine without the engine itself.
>
> Keep in mind that a webpage is being rendered while loading…

1. cassowary is dynamic solver, it can continuously adjust it's solution
as more and more constraints are added. actually, that is one of it's
core features.

2. actually, we should drop that "progressive rendering". so-called "web
apps" already dropped that, drawing rotating shit icon instead while they
are loading megabytes of js. there is no sense to support progressive
rendering anymore: it's either not working completely with "modern web-
pages", or page looks like random jumping crap until it fully loads.