std.uni.toLowerCase / .toUpperCase

Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 23 16:58:51 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 23 June 2015 at 23:49:45 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
wrote:
> - Ultimately, we want to encourage use of the lazy versions, in
> the same way that e.g. std.algorithm and std.range are
> encouraged over eager operations for arrays.

Another point: the range-ification of Phobos is only going to
continue. This means that, should this scheme be followed, the
number of functions with "Lazy" in the same is only going to
grow, and as these functions are intended to become the canonical
way to write modern D, so will the number of occurrences of
"Lazy" in a typical canonical D program. I think this is a strong
argument for avoiding "Lazy", at least for functions which intend
to displace their eager counterparts.