New names - 2.068 roundup

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 23 22:24:26 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 24 June 2015 at 01:04:01 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> Moreover, with this, some old code will *automatically* be
> upgraded to laziness without needing to change at all too. Tell
> me that doesn't at least tempt you!

I very much like this approach. I don't know that it'll work in
the general case with the rangification of Phobos functions that
don't currently return ranges, but in each case that it does
work, it'll remove the need for distinguishing between function
names, and it may allow us to make them completely lazy later -
especially if some of what Walter was discussing at dconf with
regards to automatically converting ranges to arrays when
appropriate was implemented (e.g. when the range was assigned to
an array).

And even better, every time that we go with this approach, we
remove a bike shedding debate. :)

- Jonathan M Davis