color library

Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 24 02:36:47 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 24 June 2015 at 01:47:11 UTC, ZombineDev wrote:
> I wanted to make a D image library, based on the same ideas,
> but so far I haven't had enogh time to do this.
> The ae.graphics library design is quite effective (flexible and
> easy to use/apply) and is all about getting the job done. On
> the other hand Boost GIL is more about systematic abstraction
> of the domain area, i.e. more academic. I'm not sure if a more
> pragmatic or more theoretical approach is better, but even only
> porting GIL to D would be great showcase of D's modeling power.
>
> Here's a video [2] and a design guide [3] that exaplain the
> motivation behind GIL:

I watched the first half of the video, and although I did get a
few good ideas for ae.utils.graphics, I wouldn't say it's all
that different. Why do you say GIL takes a more academic approach?

One thing I noticed is just how much GIL works around C++
language limitations. I think a direct translation wouldn't be
suitable for D.