std.experimental.color, request reviews

Guillaume Chatelet via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 24 04:41:02 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 24 June 2015 at 11:02:04 UTC, Manu wrote:
> Don't worry, I'm an optics nerd!

Well I can tell by reading the PR already ;)
I just wanted to make sure :
- nothing important was overlooked
- what was the scope ot the proposal

Now I think my main concern is about conversions getting out of
control (there's already quite a few static ifs).

Also do you plan on adding SIMD specializations ?

On a related note, I designed a player a few years ago which
relied on GLSL shaders for the colorspace conversions, so it
might be good to compare the implementations
(https://github.com/mikrosimage/duke/blob/develop/src/duke/engine/ColorSpace.cpp#L38). My secret dream is to reimplement it in D : C++ simply is too slow to develop with and it's a single person project so it's stale basically...