Future(s) for D.

Chris via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 24 05:15:30 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 24 June 2015 at 09:21:46 UTC, Martin DraĊĦar wrote:

> There are definitely people like this. If you focused your
> Ph.D. on machine learning, than you likely qualify for most of
> the requirements.
>
> Then again, there can just be an obligation to post this job
> add as a requirement for getting grant money for a project
> (many EU projects have this), but you have your own person in
> mind for the job, so you fit the add for her.
>
> Martin

Sure, this smells like a job description tailor made for someone
they already have in mind. However, I wonder what "experience"
means. "Yeah, I've played around with Java and C++" or "I'm
really into the two languages and know them very well". People
who do research for their PhD in computational linguistics are
often _familiar_ with programming languages but not necessarily
to a degree that allows them to write real world production code,
because it is very hard to excel in programming, data algorithms,
NLP and academic research (literature review, writing the PhD) at
the same time.