std.uni.toLowerCase / .toUpperCase

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 24 06:53:30 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 24 June 2015 at 13:43:50 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> Yes, just provide a function that works on chars and reuse map
> for laziness.

Actually, this might not quite work because toLower/Upper might
need to transform two characters at once in some alphabets. Ugh.

still I do generally like the idea of getting users used to
composing building blocks themselves. We provide the pieces and
the docs tell them how to put it together. If foo().bar() works,
no need to always write a new foobar() function too.