D could catch this wave: web assembly

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 24 08:34:56 PDT 2015

On Wed, 24 Jun 2015 06:43:00 +0000, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:

> On Tuesday, 23 June 2015 at 19:03:14 UTC, ketmar wrote:
>> 1. cassowary is dynamic solver, it can continuously adjust it's
>> solution as more and more constraints are added. actually, that is one
>> of it's core features.
>
> Ah ok, but I suppose that would also mean that things may jump around
> during loading.

yes. yet cassowary tries to maintain stability of solution while it's
sane -- it was created for GUI layouting, so authors tried to make GUIs
with changing elements more or less stable.

> You should implement in D and build a GUI over it. ;)

i ported it to D some time ago. and yes, GUI lib that i'm writing now
will support Cassowary as one of available layout engines. that's why i
did the porting in the first place! ;-)