std.uni.toLowerCase / .toUpperCase

Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 25 06:04:11 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 24 June 2015 at 05:20:38 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> When adding lazy versions in the past, for better or worse,
> we've generally gone for using nouns, whereas you're suggesting
> adjectives based coming from the past tense of a verb (though
> the verb "to case" has nothing with the case of letters).

OK, so I didn't really understand what were you referring to,
since the only examples I found while looking through the
*stable* documentation were joiner and splitter. But I went
through the list of new symbols, and I found that a few more have
been added after the last release to std.string:

en/detabber, left/right/centerJustifier, soundexer

So, one option is to stay consistent with these additions, and go
with upperCaser and lowerCaser, even if those sound a bit odd.

Another option would be to rename those additions as well, so we
would have:

en/detabbed, left/right/centerJustified, soundexed, upperCased,
lowerCased

I don't know if this counts as being outside of the scope of this
thread.

Any thoughts? Or is everyone bored to death already? :)