std.uni.toLowerCase / .toUpperCase

Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 25 06:55:10 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 25 June 2015 at 13:48:41 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> I prefer the noun naming scheme to the adjective naming scheme.
> We really haven't been using adjectives much, and I think that
> nouns make more sense, since what you're basically doing is
> constructing an object. So, I'd just as soon not start using
> adjectives for functions which return lazy ranges.

What do you think of asLowerCase? I heard no objections, this one
actually sounds like proper English, and it's consistent with the
only better name for "toAbsolutePath" that I could think of
("asAbsolutePath").

> Also, the less that we have to rename the better, so if many of
> the newer functions are already nouns, then it makes sense to
> continue that (and it wouldn't surprise me if some of the newer
> ones were in 2.067, in which case, it's likely too late to
> change them unless they're particularly bad).

No, I'm looking at the diff of functions between 2.067 and
master, and the only verb-noun names in 2.067 are "joiner" and
"splitter".