std.uni.toLowerCase / .toUpperCase

David Gileadi via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 25 07:46:22 PDT 2015

On 6/25/15 7:10 AM, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
> And, IMHO, this:
>
> fileName.readText.lowerCased.detabbed.toFile(fileName.withExtension(".foo"))
>
> looks much better than this:
>
> fileName.readText.lowerCaser.detabber.toFile(fileName.extensionSetter(".foo"))

I agree with Jonathan that the latter is clearer as to what the method
is doing--constructing something that will do the work. However, I agree
that the former reads much better. My bikeshed is painted the former
way, mainly because it encourages people to use the range-based style
because it reads so well.

With that said I'm hopeful that Adam's trick will obviate at least some
of this discussion.