End of life for Windows Server 2003 R2 is July 14, 2015

Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 25 09:05:56 PDT 2015

On 6/25/15 11:27 AM, Kagamin wrote:
> On Thursday, 25 June 2015 at 13:53:40 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
>> And server OS migration moves much slower usually.
>
> Is it so? Do you mean windows server OS specifically?

I mean people who are in charge of maintaining company-wide systems that
are expensive to upgrade do not upgrade their equipment or OS as often
as those who buy desktops/laptops.

All of our server systems are on Ubuntu LTS, and it's a major event to
update the OS. We try to minimize that.

Of course, this is my opinion, based on experience and logic. I haven't
measured.

-Steve