End of life for Windows Server 2003 R2 is July 14, 2015

Kagamin via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 25 09:11:28 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 25 June 2015 at 16:05:57 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> I mean people who are in charge of maintaining company-wide
> systems that are expensive to upgrade do not upgrade their
> equipment or OS as often as those who buy desktops/laptops.

To upgrade from XP you need to upgrade hardware. Upgrading server
OS is cheaper than upgrading all workstations in organization.

> All of our server systems are on Ubuntu LTS, and it's a major
> event to update the OS. We try to minimize that.

Sure upgrades can't be done often, but for XP it's even less
often, than for the server, it runs since 2002 :)