New names - 2.068 roundup

Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 25 11:04:49 PDT 2015

On 6/25/15 6:53 AM, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
> On Wednesday, 24 June 2015 at 21:06:43 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
>>> I'd like to raise concern about the Arguments name in std.meta . That
>>> is not the first time I do so, but this still needs to change.
>
> I haven't participated with the discussion but I agree with the points
> in your post.

Me too. Looking at Amaury's PR, there is still much of the documentation
that refers to TypeTuple. It will be difficult/awkward to change to
"Arguments". e.g.:

Returns an Arguments [instance] created from TList with the first
occurrence, if any, of T removed.

--------

Filters an Arguments [instance] using a template predicate. Returns an
Arguments [instance] of the elements which satisfy the predicate.

I think you are going to have to add "instance" anywhere you are talking
about Arguments. And that "Arguments instance of" reads terrible.

I don't know what the right name is, but I think it should be singular
at least.

-Steve