New names - 2.068 roundup

Tofu Ninja via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 25 17:22:22 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 25 June 2015 at 23:20:13 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
wrote:
> On Thursday, 25 June 2015 at 23:18:13 UTC, Mike wrote:
>> The .Net Framework has had deprecated names since 2.0 (10
>> years ago) and you can still use them today and likely will be
>> able to in the far future. And the fact that deprecation
>> warnings are off by default in D already makes it
>> ultra-conservative.
>
> Deprecation warnings are on by default - though I think we
> should disable them by default, and start using `deprecated` as
> you suggested. I think I suggested this before as well.

Deprecating the eager versions would go a long way to making it
obvious which version should be used, probably such that
ambiguous names wouldn't really matter anymore. Though I don't
know if that would be something people would be ok with.