End of life for Windows Server 2003 R2 is July 14, 2015

Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 26 00:29:45 PDT 2015

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/server-cloud/products/windows-server-2003/

> >> Which means that (strictly speaking), in 3 weeks time, there will be
*no* operating system that supports CodeView debugging.

> >> This is an elongated way of asking
> >>
> >> "Can I remove -gc yet?"
> >>
> >> But as I'm not a Windows user, I'll have to ask how you guys deal with
debugging, and if you still rely on CV being emitted from DMD, you must
hurry up to implement an alternative!

> >> Iain.
> >

> > Can't speak for all Windows users, but I think we mostly let cv2pdb
convert CV into something other tools understand.

> That is not a good solution.  There's compiler should speak the tool's
language.

Also, does cv2pdb support converting D specific CV symbols?