End of life for Windows Server 2003 R2 is July 14, 2015

Dejan Lekic via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 26 03:40:24 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 24 June 2015 at 16:10:44 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:

> http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/server-cloud/products/windows-server-2003/
>
> Which means that (strictly speaking), in 3 weeks time, there
> will be *no* operating system that supports CodeView debugging.
>
> This is an elongated way of asking
>
> "Can I remove -gc yet?"
>
> But as I'm not a Windows user, I'll have to ask how you guys
> deal with debugging, and if you still rely on CV being emitted
> from DMD, you must hurry up to implement an alternative!
>
> Iain.

I do not know about others, but I am using XP, and have no plan
to move to something else any time soon. However, I am using it
rarely, in a VM, whenever I need to test something on Windows. I
have no plan of buying a newer Windows. I am sure there are many
developers who do the same, or similar. :)